[Koha] How to keep subfields 490$v or 830$v out of authority

Iming Chan imingchan at yahoo.com.au
Thu Dec 5 22:37:20 NZDT 2013

Dear all,

I'm wondering how to stop subfield $v in MARC 490 or 830 appearing as part
of the series title (uniform title) authority?  In our previous system, such
subfield would not appear in the authority, so identical series titles are
grouped together.  If subfield $v forms part of the authority entry (as in
the case for Koha), then separate entries are created for identical series
titles, but with different volume details.

I'm manually removing subfield $v details from the Authority, and this is
very time consuming and labour-intensive!

Your assistance will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Iming Chan (Mr.)
Translib Information Service
Melbourne, Australia