[Koha] problem installing Koha on ubuntu virtualbox

Zac Craven zaccraven at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 10:24:10 NZDT 2013

Hello

I am trying to install Koha following these instructions:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages

My host machine is Windows 8, and Ubuntu is running on it inside Oracle
Virtualbox.

I have no idea what to input as the DOMAIN in /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf
I also don't know what domain to put in /etc/hosts

I have done this, as a guess:

** /etc/hosts **
127.0.0.1 locahost
127.0.1.1 ubuntuhost
127.0.0.1 library.ubuntuhost
127.0.0.1 library-intra.ubuntuhost

** /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf **
DOMAIN=""

Now, when I input "192.168.1.68" or "ubuntuhost" in the browser on my
windows PC, I get the "it works" message from apache on ubuntu. But if I
input "library.ubuntuhost" or "library.ubuntuhost:80" then it times out.

I can ping "library.ubuntuhost" from ubuntu command prompt but not from
the windows host machine.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Zac Craven