[Koha] Data matching during MARC import

Iming Chan imingchan at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 23 01:13:52 NZST 2013

Dear all,

Just wondering whether it is possible to use either 999$c or 999$d
(Biblionumber) as record matching mechanism during MARC import?

Currently, we are matching MARC records using 001 (Control number).
However, every now and then, one of us forgot to manually add the Koha
biblionumber to 001 field after saving a new bibliographic record.
Therefore, when we import MARC records, matches are not made (i.e.
fuller/higher quality records not replace brief ones created as part of the
acquisitions process).

It will be nice that the biblionumber can automatically added to MARC 001
tag when saving a new record.  Until then, we will have to save the record,
then edit the same record to manually enter the assigned biblionumber to
MARC 001 tag!!

Cheers,

Iming

-----