[Koha] Seeking a KOHA expert for webinar Q&A

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 22:01:56 NZST 2013

Kia Ora!

> I apologise if this is a misuse of the list, but I wasn't sure how best to
> proceed otherwise.

    The day this is a misuse of our list would be the same day I don't like long odds on summat worthwhile. Nevar. :)

> EIFL.net holds regular free webinars on free / open source library
> software, intended for our network of libraries in 48 developing and
> transition countries but open to all.

    *snort* This is a modest description of EIFL in epic British proportions. Worry not, your Kool Aid people have got to me.

    Koha folks please read this statement as EIFL provides critical services to large swaths of Africa and is fighting for justice and equality while academically empowering their target audiences. The tl;dr of EIFL is that They Are Good People.

> So I am writing to see if there are any KOHA developers or expert users out
> there who might be prepared to deliver a one-hour Q&A webinar for
> librarians in developing and transition countries, perhaps in September?
> I'm afraid we cannot pay a fee but we can provide the webinar software and
> a keen audience!

    I can think of at least 10 people that would be better for this than me. The problem there might be their schedules. I'm no expert, but if no one else responds I'd certainly be happy to help.

Cheers,
Brooke