[Koha] How frequently to run zebra rebuild and what switches

Steven Nickerson snicker1 at maine.rr.com
Wed Aug 21 11:29:32 NZST 2013

Thanks Chris!
It turns out I actually do have /etc/cron.d/koha-common and didn't even
realize it was there (running as ROOT, as well as
/etc/cron.daily/koha-common and /etc/cron.hourly/koha-common).  I added the
other entry to the ROOT crontab file "manually".  If this is the entry in
the /etc/cron.d/koha-common file is this all that I need for the zebra
rebuild?  If a librarian adds a new holding, it should appear in search
results within 5 minutes with this cron entry, right?
*/5 * * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/koha-rebuild-zebra && koha-rebuild-zebra
$(koha-list --enabled)

As Paul mentioned, there are certain tasks/admin functions that seem to
require a complete rebuild and not just an "incremental" one...does the
/etc/cron.d/koha-common take care of doing that periodically?  Or should I
leave my complete zebra rebuild in the ROOT crontab as I have it now,
perhaps?

THANKS!
Steve