[Koha] Koha Upgrade to 3.12

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 02:59:29 NZST 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM, Manos PETRIDIS <egpetridis at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Mr Cohen Arazi,****
>
> ** **
>
> Thank you very much for pointing out the best practices for a proper koha
> installation, you must realise though that this is not what I asked. ****
>
> ** **
>
> I already have a koha git installation that works more or less fine, and
> frankly I’m not prepared to ruin it just in order to comply to some
> guideline, not when I know that what I’m asking is not only possible, but
> routinely performed by other such installations. My problem is that I have
> no idea on how to push my git installation up the release ladder.

When installing from sources (either tarball or git) there are three setup
schemas: 'standard', 'single', and 'dev'. You need to first determine the
one that's been used. If it is a 'dev' install you need to identify the
source directory where the cloned git repository is.Once you are on that
dir, you have all the git-related tools to pull the latest code. Stick to
the latest stable branch (3.12.x this time) and not 'master'.

Regards
To+