[Koha] Koha Upgrade to 3.12

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 09:30:55 NZST 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Manos PETRIDIS <egpetridis at gmail.com>wrote:

> As I have the same question, should I open a new thread?
> My installation was installed using git -for all I can tell, as I got it
> ready-made- on Debian, and receives updates with no problem.

If you don't know how to upgrade Koha you shouldn't be doing a Git install
at all.

If you are on Debian/Ubuntu a packages install is recommended [1],
If you wan't/need to stick with your current install method (sources),
please use the latest stable tarball releases to get up-to-date sources [2]
(instead of Git which might contain stuff not ready for production yet, for
instance translation files). Install instructions come with the sources, in
the form of a INSTALL.<distribution> text file.

Good luck!
To+

[1] http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages or
    http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.x_on_Debian_Squeeze