[Koha] Importing patrons' borrowing histories?

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Apr 24 11:42:23 NZST 2013

Harminder Singh schreef op wo 24-04-2013 om 02:20 [+1200]:
> I was wondering if there's some way to import patrons' borrowing
> histories when setting up a new Koha implementation. The library I'm
> doing it in wants to keep the borrowing histories of their members in
> Koha. Is there some way to do so? I couldn't find it in the manual.

When doing migrations, I typically take the borrowing history and import
it into Koha. There is no standard method to do it as this is something
that should only be done before a new system goes live. My migration
tools do it by inserting records directly into the database.

The tables of interest are 'issues' for current loans, and 'old_issues'
for historical information.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.