[Koha] search problem in koha 3.10.4

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 23:42:21 NZST 2013

Greetings,

This is clearly a development install, otherwise you wouldn't have touched
the cron jobs at all.
I am assuming you followed
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_git
which is not intended for a production system, but rather a development
system.

So my first suggestion is to follow
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages
instead. It does a good job of hiding complexities from the user. Including
a whole set of nice commands:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Commands_provided_by_the_Debian_packages

However, I could be wrong and you actually are trying to join the bug patch
submitting side of things.
In which case:

--- BEGIN Your example ---
# The cronjobs -- $KOHA_PATH is defined in /etc/environment, and gets set
when $
*/1 * * * *     $KOHA_PATH/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z &>
/d$
--- END Your example ---

--- BEGIN actual ---
# The cronjobs -- $KOHA_PATH is defined in /etc/environment, and gets set
when this process runs.
*/5 * * * *    $KOHA_PATH/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -z &>
/dev/null
--- END actual ---

I think you may have a problem using "/d$". Also, after your install did you
run a full reindex?
    /home/{user name}/{koha
directory}/misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -a -r -v
Where {user name} and {koha directory} are your user name and most likely
"kohaclone"?

And to finish off, the most likely cause of everything:
    $ sudo service koha-zebra-daemon start
It doesn't start automatically on reboot for me, so this may be your problem
too. I've been meaning to improve the instructions that way. You can confirm
it is running with:
    $ ps aux | grep zebra
You should see more than just your grep line.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett