[Koha] Migration issues from ancient 2.2.5 to 3.x

Manos PETRIDIS egpetridis at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 13 18:21:14 NZST 2013

Should that be the case, I wonder if such a unique index on
systempreferences.variable. would be welcome as a permanent feature. Unless
all sql scripts check for already existing entries so that they perform an
update instead of insert, the index would at least ensure that no duplicates
are created.

On the other hand of course, this would mean that some sql scripts may need
re-visiting in order to ensure proper error trapping after every insert in
systempreferences, but this may be better than having to deal with spurious
errors during production, stemming from multiple occurrences of the same
variable in systempreferences.

Do you agree or have I got it wrong?

MP