[Koha] My circulation rules are ignored?

Marty ontariowolf64 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 07:55:28 NZST 2013

I think I am doing something wrong with the circulation rules but I am not bright enough to figure it out, or I am missing something. It is also years since I set up our previous circulation rules.

We basically have rules that apply to almost everybody, so I figured it would be simple, the problem is, it does not work as I expect it to work.

We have people living in institutions that we won't lend more than one item to, because there is a rather high risk that it will not be returned. By limiting their items  we reduce our loss to one item, because we won't allow them another item until the other is returned.

We are rather limited in the amount of children DVD's and to prevent them all being out to the same person we want to limit the item to a quantity of 2 per patron.

The only limit that seems to work is the 12 item limit, I have been trying for a while on my parallel system, but I can issue Children DVD's until I reach the limit of 12. There are no warnings or any other indicators. Same for the "Special" category, I can issue them 12 items no problem, the idea was that it gives me a warning, or preferably block people from issuing more than one item to them.

So, what do I do wrong?

Below are my circulation rules.

Special  All  1  21 days  None defined  0.50 7 7 5.00 0 1 1 0.000000

All  Children DVD  2  21 days  None defined  0.50 7 7 10.00 0 0 1 0.000000

All  All  12  21 days  None defined  0.50 7 7 10.00 0 3 3 0.000000