[Koha] Help! a person deleted (it was an error) all staff pwd and us

Claudio Kutufà claudiok at nexusfi.it
Thu Sep 20 05:04:03 NZST 2012

really don't know exactly what happened:
I'm in Italy and the library is in Africa !! (in Asmara - Eritrea) Without
a good internet connection
They told me today that a girl deleted (for error) all the usernames and
all passwords of the staff, but I don't know how exactly she did...
So I was asking if there is a way to access to the staff client anyway
I think your idea is good ! I'll try to enter in their server by VPN and
investigate better
Thanks a lot !

At 18.26 19/09/2012 +0200, Marc Véron wrote:
>Hi Claudio,
>
>that sounds like quite some misunderstanding. To clarify, the accounts do
>still exist but they do not have usernames and passwords anymore?
>
>In that case you could login with the Koha database user from
>koha-conf.xml that you used at the time of installation to modify the accounts.
>
>Marc
>

>Am 19.09.2012 18:07, schrieb Claudio Kutufà:
>>Hello all
>>Help !  In a library where (in august 2011) I installed Koha 3.6 a new
>>staff girl, misunderstood somenting and.... deleted ALL staff passwords
>>and usernames !!! ALL !!!
>>What can I suggest them to recover the deleted passwords or, at least, to
>>recreate them ?
>>Thanks a lot for your help !!!
>>Claudio
>>

>>___________________________________________________