[Koha] Need tips on tweaking search results

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Sat Sep 15 02:00:58 NZST 2012

David,

   Is there any way to modify OPAC search results?  When my patrons search
> the OPAC using keywords, I would like for "hits" to rank higher if they
> appear in the title .. I am getting good hits but they don't always seem to
> be ranked right .. make sense?

At present there is not, no. However, the search rewrite I have proposed (
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/C_&_P_Search_Rewrite_RFC) offers the
possibility of fixing relevancy ranking. Headings 1f and 2b fix the problem
you identify, and optional component 3c would allow you to modify the
relevancy ranking criteria from the staff client. Part 1b has been fully
funded, and work on that will begin soon. If you would like to see
relevancy configured a particular way, definitely let me know your
thoughts, and we'd be happy to have you work with us on the search rewrite
(testing, not coding, unless you feel like doing a bit of coding:).

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/