[Koha] 3.8.4 staff main page

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 22:51:39 NZST 2012

Greetings,

> The first staff page in 3.8.4 after logging in has a tabbed search box
> at the top that "defaults" to patron check [out]s - our staff has
> asked me to change this to the fourth/last tab "catalogue" as they
> cannot find a "preference" anywhere.

And this is why a git installation for testing and development would be very
helpful. You could develop a patch for changing the default ordering of the
tab in the header_search div, which could be of use to the community.

> Does anyone happen to know where the code for this might be found. I had a
> quick, unsuccessful, look around with firebug, so it would be most helpful
> if someone could point me towards the relevant perl or template file.

The recommended way is to USE JQUERY (javascript). This upgrades with ease
if done properly.
Do not modify the perl/template files! This sets you up for an upgrade
headache.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett