[Koha] No search results

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Sep 6 07:03:21 NZST 2012

Shelley & Kurt Kemperman <ksckemperman at chartermi.net>
> We updated to 3.8 recently and then had trouble with searching -
> [...]  However, I'm now having a problem with items not
> being found on search at all.  Most searches show "no results for..."
> - this is for older items and recently added items.  I believe these
> items were coming up in search before the reindex (although they all
> said no items available).  Any suggestions?

What did you update from and how did you do the update?

You can look at the output of the reindex process, or step through it
by running the rebuild_zebra command with different options.  You can
even step through the search processes - try yaz-client to search
zebra directly; and try using C4::Search directly - but then we're
going beyond the scope of most users... and hopefully you'll find the
problem before getting to that.

Hope that helps,