[Koha] new in koha

Manos Petridis egpetridis at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 22:26:49 NZST 2012

I use koha on a Debian Linux virtual machine myself, running on Oracle Virtualbox, on a 32-bit MS-Windows 7 host.
The VM was imported from a ready-made koha "appliance", downloaded from http://kylehall.info/ (Kyle M Hall).
The VM koha was initially at v3.8, however the installation comes with a menu allowing for git updates, so it now is at v3.08.04.000.  Everything more-or-less runs ok. The only thing missing is an easy way to back-up koha. The VM appliance doesn't come with a pre-installed GUI, one can be easily added from the command-line though. You might want to try it, and see how it feels.

Mine is not an installation for heavy use, it does have a massive potential for upgrade if needed: simply copy/move the VM to a larger host and reconfigure the VM so that it uses more memory and CPU cores.

Manos Petridis

Athens, Greece