[Koha] new in koha

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 08:47:50 NZST 2012

Salvete!

> I am new to koha i want to implement the windows ver 2.2.9 which I have
> done successfully (I hope so) since the "opac" is running well on the
> network the "intranet" is not. please advice on what I should do i
> tried
> googling unsuccessfully.

    Welcome to the Community!

    Unfortunately, that version of Koha for Windows is as old as Clint Eastwood. It's not supported as far as I know, which means at some point, you're setting yourself up to fail since you'll be out there all alone. It would also be a huge hassle to try and upgrade to 3.X from 2.X

    Ubuntu is quite similar in terms of ease of use, and there's actually some level of support for Koha on Ubuntu. We're quite late in the 3 series at this point in the game. Please consider running something at least as "new" as 3.6.

Cheers,
Brooke