[Koha] Zebra not updating biblios automatically in koha 3.8

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Sun Sep 2 04:46:05 NZST 2012

Doug,

So environment variables are not the issue.  We are carefully managing
> those.

Make sure when you are using cron jobs that you set the environment
variables IN YOUR CRONTAB. Setting environment variables elsewhere is a
recipe for confusion and misery down the road. However, this is -- as you
say -- not the problem.

> I have tried using the new tool checkNonIndexedBiblios.pl (from patch 6566)
> and it indeed finds a few recent biblios that are not indexed.  Using the
> -z option to mark them for indexing followed by a manual run of
> rebuild_zebra -b -v -z did not get the biblios indexed.  I cranked up the
> debugging on zebraidx (by modifying rebuild_zebra.pl and using -v -v) and
> did not see any obvious errors in the output that would suggest why
> indexing was failing.

Did you change your bibliographic frameworks? It could be a matter of the
biblionumber not being stored properly. The other thing to do is to confirm
that the non-indexed biblios are *actually* getting added to the zebraqueue
by the 6566 script. It's kind of a long shot, but it could be an issue with
the zebraqueue table getting corrupted. I've seen this happen when the
zebraqueue table got too large, and disk space was low.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/