[Koha] Koha Config All stored in Database?

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 04:29:16 NZDT 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann at web.de
> wrote:

> When setting up a Koha server using the debian packages is the koha
> configuration all stored in the mysql database? I would be very happy if
> that wasn't the case, as I then could track my configuration follies using
> VCS as git ...

Actually, quite a bit of the critical Koha config is stored in plain-text
or as XML markup, starting with koha-conf.xml, the apache2 site specific
configs, the bib1 attributes definitions etc.

For things that are stored in MySQL, I take sql dumps at different point in
time (which working) and store that. Whenever, I need to look at what
changed, I run a diff between the respective SQL dumps. Not the most
elegant approach, but it gets my job done. Also, the sql dumps allow me to
revert to a specific configuration.

The things I dump out at are typically sysprefs, marc tag and structure
tables, the categories, stopwords etc just to give an example..

cheers
-indra

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg