[Koha] Koha 3.6.x EOL

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Wed Oct 24 04:11:34 NZDT 2012

Good morning.

Earlier today I released Koha 3.6.10, my final release as Release
Maintainer for the Koha 3.6.x branch. So far no one has accepted the
position of RMaint for 3.6.x during the 3.12 release cycle, despite my
various pleas, entreaties, and threats. It is my hope that a new release
maintainer will step forward for 3.6.x, since I believe that this branch
has not yet exhausted its usefulness, but until this happens the 3.6.x
branch should be considered orphaned, and libraries should begin to
consider upgrading to 3.8.x or the forthcoming 3.10.

One further note about 3.6.10: this upgrade included fixes for several
cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Koha that have been present
at least since 3.4. ALL USERS OF KOHA SHOULD UPGRADE TO THE LATEST RELEASE
ON THE BRANCH THEY ARE FOLLOWING TO RECEIVE PROTECTION FROM THESE THREATS.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/