[Koha] definition of "default" patron privacy

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Oct 19 07:08:56 NZDT 2012

Steve Campbell <stephen.t.campbell at Dartmouth.EDU>
> In Koha 3.8 a patron has a "my privacy" tab. On that page the patron can set their reading list privacy policy to one of three values. One possible value is "Default." The explanation says "the library will keep your reading history for the duration permitted by local laws."
>
> Where is this value defined? I cannot find any system preference where "local laws" are defined.

It looks like it's defined in the opac-privacy.tt template, rather
than a system preference.  Maybe that should be changed.  Request
enhancements at http://bugs.koha-community.org with a possible guide
at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Bug-enhancement-patch_Workflow

Hope that helps,