[Koha] Recommendation for barcode scanner for a Mac?

Steve Campbell stephen.t.campbell at Dartmouth.EDU
Wed Oct 10 08:42:33 NZDT 2012

Hi, Leslie,

We use a Symbol LS2208 scanner. It's available online for about US$170. We chose it because it is programmable - something we needed because we have two different barcode formats to scan. We use it on a Windows box, but I have tested it on my Mac too. As a USB device, it essentially acts as a second keyboard, so it should work fine with Windows, Macs, Linux, or just about anything.

Steve Campbell
Converse Free Library
Lyme, New Hampshire, US