[Koha] WYSIWYG XML Editor Help

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Sun Oct 7 00:23:14 NZDT 2012

On 2012-10-6, at 4:08 AM, Nicole Engard wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Back when I started working on the manual someone here recommended XXE
> Personal Edition which was free for those working on open source
> projects.  Well this is no longer the case.  Either because of this,
> or the size of the manual, I can no longer save the manual when
> editing it in XXE (or I guess it could be a problem on my computer).

have you tried increasing the memory, following these instructions?

"Q: XXE freezes when I try to open large XML files. Is there a workaround for this problem?

A: This is probably an out-of-memory error due to the fact that your XML file is very, very, large or contains loads of high-resolution images.

By default, XXE is configured to use at most 512 megabytes. This limit can be increased but this requires you to edit a script file using a text editor"

http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/faq.html#outofmemory

> Without commentary on my operating system ... I need a recommendation
> for a free (or cheap) WYSIWYG XML/Docbook editor that will run on Mac
> OSX.  I got some recommendations - one for Lyx, which actually doesn't
> open or edit XML or Docbook (I have it installed and did try). Another
> was for Vex which I was able to install, but can't get to open the
> manual XML file I have. Others have said Oxygen but that's $500+ and I
> can't afford that.
>
> So, my criteria is simple - I need to be able to edit the manual as
> one document (because of the linking between sections) and the editor
> has to be WYSIWYG (I don't have time to write out the Docbook Code)
> and it has to validate Docbook and finally it has to run on Mac.
>
> As 3.10 looms closer I really need to get back to editing the manual
> and adding all of the new features, so send those ideas ASAP!
>
> Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
> Nicole

cheers, Mason
--
KohaAloha, NZ