[Koha] A new open source project on Drupal related to sigb (and so koha)

Claire Hernandez claire.hernandez at biblibre.com
Wed Oct 3 23:27:36 NZDT 2012

Hello,

I am pleased to announce that we contributed a new drupal module called
opac: http://drupal.org/project/opac Announcement is here:
http://drupal.biblibre.com/en/blog/entry/biblibre-contributes-the-drupal-opac-module-in-full-projectIt
evolves a lot but you can begin to test it and give us feedbacks :) The
first sigb we connected is, of course, koha. It is an other way to
provide opac and others things around, it is and independant full
project related to whatever sigb you want.

I would like to introduce a difficulty we encounted: we wanted to build
on top of Ils-di but not everything can be done with it (and we found
some bugs). We wonder how to expose koha services to build a significant
drupal site. Ncip2 is not sufficient for us, so we've made a choice. For
the moment, we are building a Koha::REST interface. The project is
published http://git.biblibre.com/?p=koha-restful;a=summary but not yet
submitted to the community. You can have a look and tell us what you
think. If you want to send us patches, please do it, if you prefer I
could clone it in github but the risk is that the project wont be up to
date everyday.

Regards,
Claire.