[Koha] How to change fine calculation timing: another appeal

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Nov 29 14:20:41 NZDT 2012

Vimal Kumar V. schreef op do 29-11-2012 om 06:32 [+0530]:
>But one problem still haunting me, change of default time fixed to run
> fines.pl cron.
> Many users like to change the fine calculation  to another convenient time
> (e.g. 10 AM).

Assuming you mean the Debian packages, the fine calculation crons are
installed in /etc/cron.daily/koha-common

The system crontab (/etc/crontab) specifies when daily jobs are run,
however a better idea to try would be to install "anacron". This handles
the running of daily cron jobs in a way that is more suited to computers
that aren't on 24/7. Basically, if the daily cron jobs haven't been run
for about a day, it'll do them shortly after boot, and every day from
then.

Simply installing this on a debian (and probably Ubuntu) system should
just magically work. (caveat emptor: I haven't actually tried this
within the past ~5 years or so. YMMV.)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.