[Koha] How to successfully upgrade to 3.8.x to 3.10.x

Vimal Kumar V. vimal0212 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 14:16:44 NZDT 2012

I installed Koha based on Ubuntu packages [http://tinyurl.com/btj4scm] and
faced little difficult to install few dependencies for Koha 3.10.x. You can
follow the steps to upgrade from 3.8.x to 3.10.x.These instructions not
valid for installation from Koha tarball.

Open synaptic manager and disable koha repository

Synaptic Manager > Settings > Repositories > Other software

Uncheck the following repository

http://debian.koha-community.org/koha

Close dialog box and press Reload button.

Open Terminal and install following packages,

apt-get install libchi-driver-memcached-perl
apt-get install libdigest-jhash-perl

Again open Synaptic manager and enable koha repositories and reload.
I could not install libdata-paginator-perl from repository.
We can install from CPAN.

Open terminal and start CPAN apply the following command,

sudo cpan
install Data::Pagination

Open Koha and change the opac theme from prog to ccsr. Otherwise OPAC look
so scary.

Administration > System Preferences > OPAC > opacthemes > ccsr

I hope that these instructions help for smooth upgradation.

--
Vimal Kumar V.
Mahatma Gandhi University Library