[Koha] Do you like the way Koha is sorting facets and facets results ?

Mathieu Saby mathieu.saby at univ-rennes2.fr
Tue Nov 20 05:30:43 NZDT 2012

I knew facet building could slow down opac and staff search, but I did
not make tests before...
If I suppress all the facet building code in Search.pm, opac results
take 2 seconds to show up on a big search (>5000 results)

Without any code suppression, and  maxRecordsForFacets=4000, it takes
7-8 seconds
With maxRecordsForFacets=2000, 4-5 seconds
With  maxRecordsForFacets=1000, 3-4 seconds
With maxRecordsForFacets=500, 2-3 seconds.

So 500 is maybe a good value for some libraries (I tested with a small
virtual machine)

M.  Saby

--
Mathieu Saby