[Koha] Use of Google Analytics and +1 on Koha website

Mirko 5p4m at gmx.de
Sat May 26 19:56:19 NZST 2012

Dear list,

it came to my attention that the Koha website
(http://www.koha-community.org/) includes code of Google Analytics
and Google +1.

I am wondering why a free and open source software community would
use a corporation's spyware like Google Analytics on their users.
More so as the site also includes code for Piwik analytics which
runs locally on the Koha server afaics and seems to do the same
things Google Analytics does, minus the "give all your data to an
evil corporation"-part -- if you think analysing Koha users is
neccessary.

I would appreciate a discussion about the why and personally prefer
these things to disappear so I am able to send people to the
community website in good conscience.

Have a nice weekend,

Mirko