[Koha] Classroom Checkouts

Nora Blake Nblake at masslibsystem.org
Sat May 26 05:45:42 NZST 2012

Hi Lori,

We don't do this exactly.  Instead we create these checkout sheets for each grade of the elementary school.  We store the grade level information in the sort 1 field, write a report to export the patron name, grade level and barcode number, run the spreadsheet through another program (not open source) that creates a scannable barcode image for each patron.  We then import the barcode images one by one into a word document where we group them by grade so that the librarians have a "scan sheet" for each grade.

Not easy at all!

We've tried convincing the staff at our elementary schools that they can just look the students up by name, but they're convince it takes too long and they just simple NEED to have these scan sheets (which systems like Winnebago created for them very easily).

If anyone can come up with a better solution, I would worship you forever.

Nora

Nora Blake
MassCat Manager
Massachusetts Library System