[Koha] Koha - Software error while adding or editing item records

Subramanian Natarajan gurujimani at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 20:28:13 NZST 2012

Hi,

I am a newbie to Koha LMS and I'm not a librarian.  We are testing Koha in order to propose this system to one of our customers.  I am a system engineer with little library background.  I am experiencing this error during my testing.  Any help to solve this will be greatly appreciated.

Server information Koha version: 3.06.04.000
OS version ('uname -a'): Linux koha.com 2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Sat May 21 10:27:57 CDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Perl interpreter: /usr/bin/perl
Perl version: 5.010001
Perl @INC: /usr/share/koha/lib
/usr/local/lib64/perl5
/usr/local/share/perl5
/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/lib64/perl5
/usr/share/perl5
.
MySQL version: mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.61, for redhat-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.1
Apache version: Server version: Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) Server built: Feb 14 2012 09:47:14
Zebra version:

Zebra server is used.

Koha server is installed on Scienfic Linux 6.1

I  have downloaded the bib records from LC using z39.50 gateway. I am getting the following error when I tried to add an item to the newly created bib record.

"
Software error:

Can't call method "subfield" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 2992.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster at localdomain), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
"

But the item record was properly saved to the database.  I am also getting the same error when editing the item records.

I have searched the internet for answers but failed to find any help.  I guess it is my ignorance that I might have missed to do some thing important. If anybody encountered this issue earlier or know the answer, please help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mani.