[Koha] Mystery system slowdown

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Mar 8 04:51:29 NZDT 2012

Le 29/02/2012 01:00, Agnes Rivers-Moore a écrit :
> Dear friends
> That is problem #1
>
> Here is problem #2
> We have also noticed that opac-search.pl and mysqld is causing heavy

Since a few days/week, we (BibLibre) face the same problem, on various
Koha : on our hosting server (20+ libraries), some of our libraries that
have their own server, small or large.

After investigating a lot, we think it's because something happened with
web crawler : we suddenly have *a lot* of queries coming from googlebot,
bingbot and baidu (the chinese search engine). Plus some dark-net bots
that try to exploit some security holes that are fixed (like reading
/etc/password with a ../../../../../etc/password), but in case this Koha
is not uptodate that could work.

How did we fix that ? quick fix = drop packet at firewall level. We will
have to investigate for a more long-term fix
(not sure a robot.txt will be enough, but not sure it won't too)

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com