[Koha] Fwd: Koha questions!

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Mar 7 14:48:30 NZDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Catherine Murphy <Catherine.Murphy at marist.edu>
Date: 7 March 2012 13:53
Subject: Koha questions!
To: koha-owner at lists.katipo.co.nz

Hello,
        My supervisor asked me to look at Koha and compare its
features with our current ILS (Voyager).   We had seen a support
company's version of Koha a few years back and I started using this
company's version for the comparison.  Are support company versions of
Koha part of the Koha open source community?  How different is LibLime
Koha from other open source Koha?
        How many libraries use Koha currently?  How many academic
institutions?   Are most Koha sites hosted?  Are any academic
institutions maintaining their own open source Koha and working with
the Koha community?
        Is there a list of features Koha offers, compared to traditional ILS?

Thank you,
Catherine

Catherine Murphy  /  Information Technology

catherine.murphy at marist.edu
Marist College, 3399 North Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 | 845.575.3000