[Koha] Customizing code obtained via git

Tom Hanstra tom at nd.edu
Tue Mar 6 12:14:50 NZDT 2012

Is there documentation somewhere which provides some guidance on how to
properly set up a clone obtained via git?  I'm still learning how git
works so I need some pretty basic guidance on incorporating it into my
environment.

The primary questions I have are how to get the cloned version to find
what it needs in a non-standard environment.  For instance, I installed
my own version of perl because the OS version was too old.  How do I get
the clone to use that?

I have learned how to set things up using the packaged versions, but
would like to explore my options for setting up a clone instead.  But
the documentation I've seen on the Koha Wiki assumes a level of git that
I have not yet achieved and/or assumes a very standard environment (as
far as I can tell).  So pointers on how to take the next step beyond
that would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

      Tom Hanstra                              Systems Administrator
      Hesburgh Libraries of Notre Dame         Phone: (574)631-4686
      213 Hesburgh Library                     Email: tom at nd.edu
      Notre Dame, IN  46556

   "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in
    the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at
    least twice as fast as that!"
                           Lewis Carroll - Through the Looking Glass