[Koha] Overdue notice

David Nind david.nind at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 23:28:12 NZST 2012

Hi Vikas.

Unfortunately, configuring, securing and managing a mail transport
agent/mail server is not something I have any experience with (especially
in a production/web environment).

All I know is that you need one to be able to send and receive email from
your server!

As you are using Ubuntu this material may help:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MailServer
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Postfix
http://www.howtoforge.com/

Searching the web for 'ubuntu postfix setup' may also help you find other
useful resources.

Managing a mail server is not something specific to Koha. It is just one of
the many components required for managing a Koha installation - along with
managing your linux OS configuration, security, firewalls, server
hardening, backups, MySql database, Apache web server etc.

Once you have chosen your mail transport agent e.g. Postfix, you will
probably need to refer to the project website/manuals/documentation for
information on how to get it to work. Unless someone else on the Koha
mailing list can point you in the right direction or can share their
experiences....

Regards.

David