[Koha] Koha Digest, Vol 80, Issue 38

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Tue Jun 26 18:07:36 NZST 2012

 > I think it's a matter of funding and interest. A lot of developers[1]
 > would love to see better search lexing in Koha[2], but the cost would
 > be rather high, as it requires a more-or-less complete rewrite of the
 > searching code in order to work, and my impression is that the
 > searching works well enough for most people that it just isn't a
 > priority for most organizations funding Koha development. That said, I
 > am in complete agreement that not having a flexible search lexer in
 > Koha is a serious omission[3].

I agree also.

Ideally, we should define for Koha a query language syntax in BNF:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backus%E2%80%93Naur_Form

and then, create a query parser, which would validate queries, and
transform them into Zebra native syntax (3 indeed, PQF, CCL, CQL), or
transform them into coming SolR query syntax.

A standard Perl module like Regexp::Grammars could help to do the job.

--
Frédéric DEMIANS
http://www.tamil.fr/u/fdemians.html