[Koha] REPOST: Need step by step to upgrade Koha from 3.x to latest 3.8

jp_powell nice2odie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 11:11:35 NZST 2012

I am running on Debian Squeeze.   I have made a complete system backup (just
in case things don't go the way it should), and dumped the library database
into a SQL file.

I posted once before for instructions on how to upgrade Koha on Debian and I
received 1 response but the person cautioned that it was untested.  I was
waiting for that person to confirm the process.

After reading that response a few times, I really had a hard time trying to
follow the process.  So, I am reposting the request for step-by-step please.
I plan to work on this server this coming weekend so a response would be
helpful.

If someone would rather work with me via instant messaging, please send
email directly to my email address nice2odie at gmail dot com.  I live in
USA, in the Central Daylight time.

Request;  I need to be able to upgrade a PRODUCTION KOHA system to the
latest version.  There should be a process in place to make this easy.

Thank you.

Jim Powell