[Koha] koha-httpd.conf and cPanel

Andi Sugandi andisugandi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:13:08 NZST 2012

Hi Arslan,

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Arslan Farooq <arslanone at gmail.com> wrote:

>> It is dedicated hosting (VDS/VPS).
>>

> Hmm. But you are doing a manual install on some distro other than Debian or
> Ubuntu I suppose?

Yes, It is CentOS machine (in cPanel environment) [0].

It should not so difficult if it is in default (Linux operating
system) environment like it is on openSUSE[1], cPanel makes their own
configurations (files and hierarchy), and this is a little bit
different than its host (operating system).

[0] http://goo.gl/0vt3t
[1] http://goo.gl/43aF4

> I may not be able to help you with the manual installation. I did it a long
> time ago... and forgotten most of stuff.
>
> But I can tell you that on Debian the installation procedure is very easy
> and you won't have to configure virtual hosts. All you'll have to do is tell
> apache to listen to 8080 port (assuming the default 80 will be your OPAC).

Thanks anyway for notifying that this issue should be easy to figure out..  :)

> Anyway, I'm still new to this. You may want to wait for someone experienced
> to reply. They are busy in KohaCon however I think.

Yes, hopefully they have a successful conference.

Best regards,
--
Andi Sugandi.