[Koha] how to undo global due date?

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jun 1 09:14:29 NZST 2012

* jrhsigler (jrhsigler at gmail.com) wrote:
> Thanks, I looked in 'local use' but didn't see any options for changing
> global due dates. I'm at Koha 3.8 now, but set the global due date when I
> had 3.4 running.
>
> Do you have a sample sql statement that I can use to update the database
> directly?
>
> Thank you!

Hi,

Sorry about the slow reply, timezones are a pain.

Ok the variable is called ceilingDueDate

So

DELETE FROM systempreferences WHERE variable ='ceilingDueDate';

Will kill that line completely.

There is also globalDueDate

DELETE FROM systempreferences WHERE variable ='globalDueDate';

To get rid of it

However if you wanted to file a bug also, because there must be code
still referencing the old dead syspref, that we need to purge.

So bonus points if you go to bugs.koha-community.org and add a bug
something like "Vestiges of code still refer to deprecated syspref
globalDueDate"

Its in C4/Circulation.pm that the bad code is so you could at that,
and then someone can write a patch to clean it up, extra super mega
bonus points if you write the patch too :)

Chris

Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.
+64 4 803 2238