[Koha] Search not working after upgrade

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Wed Jul 25 07:56:21 NZST 2012

Ryan,

Our system uses 090 tags instead of the default 952 tags for items...could
> this be related to why my search is screwed up? If I choose
> administration->koha to MARC mapping these are the options that are set
> under items:
>
> Koha field      Tag     Subfield        Lib
> itemnumber      090     g       Koha biblioitemnumber (auto-generated)
>  Edit
> barcode 090     e       Piece designation (barcode)     Edit
> homebranch      090     b       School Code     Edit
> itemcallnumber  090     a       Koha full call number   Edit
> ccode   090     f       Collection      Edit
> volumenumber    090     d       Volume Number   Edit

This would be the problem, yes. Right now changing Koha to MARC mappings
has no effect on searching. With search rewritten it would be fairly
straightforward to respect the mappings for searches. Until that's done,
though, you will need to change your mappings to use the standard 952
fields (and hope for the best).

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/