[Koha] SQL queries to delete records from the database?

Sonia P. sossolapro at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 24 23:53:45 NZST 2012

Yes, I did.

And actually it looks like I didn't mess anything with my deletions this morning.  I thought it was strange, but after reloading the back-up it looks the same.  I guess I just didn't pay attention what the search results look like (in the item column).  Anyway, I didn't delete these records for fun, I thought it would help solve our problem with reindexing, and it didn't.  Just after uploading the database, I run a reindex and then I created a new record and then waited for zebra to reindex (every 15 minutes on the cronjob).  But it didn't.  I didn't check if it has run at all or if it hasn't reached the last records.  I thought these faulty records were preventing zebra from reaching the last records...  So, after that I just put back the old database (as I thought my SQL things were messing up with the search results).

Yes, Bob, I guess a professional would solve the problem... I am doing this as a voluntary job, but it's taking too much time for me now and I am no good.  We are paying someone for the server, so he helps me with all the technical things, but he doesn't know Koha especially.  Very disappointing situation for me...  Especially because I pushed them (when I was working for them) to change from their old library software to Koha.  I feel responsible, though I still believe in Koha of course.  Our organisation used to work with a Koha support company, but that wasn't working greatly.  That's when I took over... (you will know everything :))

Thanks for your help!
Cheers,

Sonia.