[Koha] Error while installing koha on development mode

David Nind david.nind at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 08:19:47 NZST 2012

On 21 July 2012 00:25, amit bondwal <bondwal.amit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> When I tried to install koha in dev mode it shows the below error
> while running Makefile.pl :-
>
> Unparsable version '' for prerequisite Test::Strict at Makefile.PL line 563
>
> What should I do?

The following information may help people on the mailing list with
answering your question:
- What version of Koha are you installing?
- What Linux operating system are you trying to install it on?
- If installing manually, have you made sure all the prerequisites and
dependencies are installed (see the INSTALL.* file - ./koha_perl_deps.pl)?

I'm probably showing my ignornance here, but I'm not sure exactly what 'dev
mode' means. If you are installing Koha for the first time (big assumption
on my part) then I would be installing the latest 3.6 or 3.8 version (or
better still, use the packages
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.8_on_Debian_Squeeze).

David Nind | david.nind at gmail.com
PO Box 12367, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand 6144
h. +64 4 9720 600 | m. +64 21 0537 847 | w. +64 4 8906 098