[Koha] KohaCon13 Voting Closed - Venue Chosen

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 23:29:46 NZST 2012

Hello all,

The voting closed at 3am EST this morning and the tallies are in.  I
have shared the files (without names) on the Wiki:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Kohacon2013

The final point totals from the voting are:

Reno, NV, USA [Sept or Oct] :: 2256
Ibadan, Nigeria [Jul, Aug, or Sept]  :: 1411
Córdoba, Argentina [Jul, Aug, or Sept]  :: 1381
The National Capital Region, USA [Oct or Mar]  :: 1366
Erie, Pennsylvania, USA [Summer] :: 1344

The voting rules were shared with you all, but here they are again:

If you vote for someplace as #1 it gets 5 points, #2 it gets 4 points,
and so on. In the end we tally the points to see where the conference
takes place. That way if everyone picks one place as #1 but more
people pick it as second and third it still might win. So basically if
you won't go somewhere no matter what then don't vote for that
location and it will get no points from you.

And so the numbers above are not the total votes for first place, they
are the tallies using the math described above.

I did do some checking for duplicates voters. If you voted more than
once your final vote was saved and the others deleted. If you left out
your email address (which was required and which we used to find
duplicates) your vote was deleted.  Other than that no modifications
were made to the votes.

Thanks
Nicole C. Engard