[Koha] RLIN

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Wed Jul 18 03:25:45 NZST 2012

Paul,

Thanks Nicole.  Good background (shame that our budget doesn't permit full
> membership of WorldCat) but I'm still looking for the technical background
> for ease of cataloguing.  Am I correct in summarizing:
>
>         - the "RLIN" is not searchable, per se, and its appearance in the
> GUI serves no useful purpose to cataloguers?

That is not correct, no. You can search it using the prefix an:

        - therefore, all frameworks can "hide" (but not delete) all
> subfields referring to RLIN?

It would be best not to delete subfield $9 from fields that are authority
controlled. Other subfields referring to RLIN can be deleted at will.

Assuming its use for indexing authorities, it appears to be just as
> important as biblio and item numbers, but where and under what name is this
> data stored in MySQL?

It is stored in the MARC in subfield $9. The relationship is not
represented in SQL.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/