[Koha] [Koha-devel] KohaCon 13 Survey Problem

Scott Kushner skushner at mplmain.mtpl.org
Fri Jul 6 06:19:56 NZST 2012

Yes..let's have a new vote!

-----Original Message-----
From: koha-devel-bounces at lists.koha-community.org
[mailto:koha-devel-bounces at lists.koha-community.org] On Behalf Of Nicole
Engard
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 1:31 PM
To: Koha; Koha Devel
Subject: [Koha-devel] KohaCon 13 Survey Problem

Hello all,

I wasn't clear when I sent out the survey for KohaCon and per a
discussion in #koha I'm coming to you to see if you'd like me to rerun
the survey so you can update your votes.  Here's how it works - and how
it worked in previous years:

If you vote for someplace as #1 it gets 5 points, #2 it gets 4 points,
and so on.  In the end we tally the points to see where the conference
takes place. That way if everyone picks one place as #1 but more people
pick it as second and third it still might win.  So basically if you
won't go somewhere no matter what then don't vote for that location and
it will get no points from you.

This means that those of you who didn't know the rules - because I
didn't make it clear at all (my fault) might not have voted the way you
would have if you knew the rules.  So my question to you all is ...
should I close voting and put out a new call for votes explaining the
procedure more clearly - or do we just carry on as we are?

Nicole