[Koha] Check In - Check out multiple items.

Peter Aronson dgllibrary+kohalist at peteraronson.com
Wed Jul 4 06:02:48 NZST 2012

Hi Anthony,

One way to do this is to have only 1 barcode — the box. On the items screen, set the item type as Mixed Materials. And at the top (sorry, I don't have Koha open right now, so I don't know what number) there's a field called Materials Specified. If you put something on that line, such as "1 Camera, 1 Cable, 1 Speaker", that text will show up when the person checks the item(s) back in. So the librarian will see that message and can check to make sure all the pieces are there.

Just to be sure, we used CSS to make that alert text box RED.

A more problematic situation we have run into is: What to do about a boxed set of books? We have each book barcoded so they can be checked out individually. So what do people normally do with the nice box, throw it away? Or shelve the books in the box but don't put the box in the system?

Peter
DGL Library, India