[Koha] [discussion] Privacy issue (bug 3280)

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Wed Jul 4 04:17:24 NZST 2012

Hello Koha users & developers,

The bug 3280 fixes a problem in cart sending in opac : the behaviour has
changed, and for security reason, it will be possible only for logged-in
users.
A question has also been raised : we could also add the IP address of
the sender in the mail that Koha sent. Do you think :
1- we could
2- we should
3- we shouldn't

(and why)

I start arguing = I think we should, and in France, I think it's a legal
issue, you must be able to answer any legal request from a court (9-11,
thank you :\ )
It's right we have the username, but the IP address is a good complement
--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com