[Koha] i need your help on installing koha

David Nind david.nind at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 22:13:21 NZST 2012

The INSTALL.debian file covers installing Yaz and Zebra:

--

1.2 Set up Indexdata apt sources for Yaz and Zebra packages

See the instructions from indexdata athttp://ftp.indexdata.com/pub/debian/README

At the time of writing, you need to create
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/indexdata.list containing the following:

    # Index Data
    deb http://ftp.indexdata.dk/debian squeeze main
    deb-src http://ftp.indexdata.dk/debian squeeze main

and add their archive signing key to your system:

    $ wget -O- http://ftp.indexdata.dk/debian/indexdata.asc | sudo apt-key add -

Finally, update your apt sources:
    $ sudo apt-get update

--

It looks like your settings are looking for the 'sarge' release of Debian,
which is very old now.

If you are doing a fresh install of Debian I would highly recommend
downloading and using the latest stable version of Debian (Squeeze).

I would also highly recommend installing Koha using the packages rather
than manually installing (it is way way easier):
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.8_on_Debian_Squeeze

David Nind | david.nind at gmail.com
PO Box 12367, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand 6144
h. +64 4 9720 600 | m. +64 21 0537 847 | w. +64 4 8906 098