[Koha] Search / index problem, help... ?

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Mon Jan 30 04:21:07 NZDT 2012

Hi!

On 29 January 2012 10:50, Sonia P. <sossolapro at hotmail.com> wrote:
> We have got a problem with our search engine... It doesn't find the last biblios that we have just added.  If I run a report, I can find the biblio.  If I try to "check-in" the biblio (using its barcode), I can find it too.  We just can't find it using a normal search in the catalog.  There seems to be some errors due to rebuild-zebra.  The person who receives the logs by email says he receives these errors:
> error retrieving biblio 9413 at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl line 473.
> error retrieving biblio 10570 at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl line 473.
> Wide character in subroutine entry at /usr/share/perl5/MARC/Charset/Table.pm line 96.And he indeed receives these errors every five minutes, so I guess that means that rebuild-zebra is really working.

Yeah, sounds like rebuild-zebra is working, but it's running into some
bad MARC records that makes it stop before it reaches your newest
records. Based on the error message, I would take a long, hard look at
the records with biblionumber = 9413 and 10570, and see if they
contain any odd characters etc.

It might also be informative to try a full Zebra reindex, with verbose output:
sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -f -v <instancename>

Best regards,
Magnus Enger
libriotech.no