[Koha] Install for Dummies

Bruce A Metcalf Consuls at AugustanSociety.org
Sun Jan 22 14:27:24 NZDT 2012

Paul wrote:

> Having experienced a few glitches ourselves, here are some extracts from
> our "cheat sheet" (nelson is the name of our Debian/Ubuntu server with
> Koha 3.6.1 installed and happily working):
>
> *** do mysql dump FIRST ***

Only six records in the system, so I skipped this.

> *** do not go near link_bibs_to_authorities.pl ***

Don't even know where that is.

> Now su to the proper user:
>
> paul at nelson:/usr/share/koha$ su koha

Tried by as myself as su and as koha.

> koha at nelson:/usr/share/koha$ KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
> PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib ./bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -a -r -v
>
> koha at nelson:/usr/share/koha$ KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/koha-conf.xml
> PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib ./bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b
> -r -v -x

This appears to do *something*. It runs a number of lines of code, ending with
"CLEANING".

Still no books revealed in the OPAC.

Thanks,
/ Bruce /