[Koha] US-Centric question - SOPA/PIPA protest blackout on k-c.org tomorrow (US time)?

Liz Rea lrea at nekls.org
Wed Jan 18 08:45:44 NZDT 2012

To address a few of these concerns:

The "blackout" I'm going to apply will not be a strict black out. More like throwing a blanket over the lamp - people will still be able to click through to our site, and they'll only see the protest once if they have cookies enabled.

Re: solidarity with other countries fighting bad laws - I (personally) welcome any similar requests from any community member who feels that it might be helpful for the community to take a stance on an issue such as SOPA/PIPA. Certainly, any request sent to the list (as this one was) should be considered in the spirit of international cooperation.

Liz Rea
lrea at nekls.org